Travel & Tourism
Why should you choose Travel & Tourism ?
This is an interesting and practical course that is directly related to the vibrant, exciting and rapidly expanding Travel and Tourism industry. Students will study a wide range of travel related topics, in a practical and work based environment. The course has been designed to help students acquire the necessary skills and qualifications for a career in the Travel and Tourism Industry.
Business Travel, tour operators, travel writing, teaching, transport, local authority, travel presenting, tourist information, planning, development and promotion in the travel industry, tourist boards and travel operators.
What else could you get out of Travel & Tourism?
Travel and Tourism students may decide to take up a place at university studying one of a number of degrees related to this subject. Popular degree courses include Event Management, Tourism Management or Hospitality Management.
Other students may opt to gain some valuable industry experience, for example in the Airline Industry, Resort Services, Tourism and Hospitality or Trainee Management posts.
A qualification in Travel and Tourism will provide students with essential knowledge of the industry and help prepare them for Higher Education or employment.
How is the course assessed?
1. Travel and Tourism Organisations and Destinations: Internal Portfolio
2. Influences on Global Travel and Tourism: Exam
3. Customer Needs in Travel and Tourism - Internal Portfolio
Attitudes to Learning
This course is for you if you are...
- happy to be assessed by a combination of coursework and exams
- enjoy practical work such as planning and running trips
- able to complete independent research
- interested in the Travel and Tourism industry and enjoy meeting people.