As your child grows up they will need on-going support from the school and of course from parents.
There are a number of ways in which you can support your child including:
Attending every parents evening.
Asking them about what they have learnt.
Supporting them with their homework.
Tips for Homework
- Set aside a place for homework - provide a table, chair and a quiet place to work (TV doesn't help concentration, quiet music might)Set aside a special time when homework is to be done and make sure they also have free time too
- Checking the time spent on individual tasks
- Make sure they have the necessary equipment (eg pens, pencils, calculator, ruler etc.)
- Help your child to plan the time for each task, especially when they have a lot to complete, encourage short breaks every 20 minutes
- Checking presentation and content of all homework being returned to school
- Signing the homework planner each week
- Providing the school with information about any problems through the student planner or by contacting the school directly